01 May to 13 May 2024
New York was a dream. Always thought I'd have a preference for the West Coast but I guess times have changed. The pace, the culture, the sights. Absolutely in awe.
We called Made Hotel home for these days and it was so NYC.
Once we'd checked in, we beelined for Chipotle before it closed, and had very full bowls on the roof of our hotel. Spoiler: that was the first time of many we passed the Empire State Building but I only realized it towards the end of the trip. Food turned cold within minutes but it truly felt like girlhood sitting there yapping with the three of us.
--
Highlights
1. Jimmy Fallon Live
H got us spots in the Jimmy Fallon show - the second night of our trip. I swear, she's got magic fingers. No phones allowed, but we saw John Legend and Chrissy Teigen (+ their furkids), and Kate Middleton. We sat in the 4th (or so) row, and surprisingly, the studio set was much smaller than what I'd expected. Jimmy was such a professional at delivering his lines, not breaking character and even questioning the script instead of just going along with it when he didn't feel it right. What an experience!
![]() |
2. Central Park I spent more time here than I'd like to admit. Every chance I had to have my bagels to-go, I'd make my way here to sit in a park bench and people watch. Saw the iconic Bethesda Terrace where Chuck and Blair got married. Wandered around, bought $3 water and tipped him $2, in true NY fashion. Many dogs, horses, and large large birds. Central Park is a dreaaaaaam. 3. Catskill, NY We planned a drive through the five boroughs, to end up in Catskill for our Rail Explorers trip - mistakes were made when we turned up and saw a pick-up Chevvy waiting for us. We only flicked through the first 5 pics of the vehicle. Nonetheless, was an experience driving a huge truck in the tiny streets of Manhattan. A pretty cabin in the woods for our mini getaway. The cabin and its amenities were so well thought out... Highly recommend Postcard Cabins! One of which was the S'mores Kit that we spent the whole night trying to start the fire. Ended up making our S'mores over a fire starter. That's what you get when you leave three girls to a fire pit. 4. Broadway Wicked was always the plan. When there were spare pockets of time, we'd pop by Broadway for another show or two - Hadestown was great, and Moulin Rouge a classic. Also, NYC gives Playbills FOC! Fiyero even came out to the Stage Door after to answer some questions.
5. Head In The Clouds, NY Of course, the trip won't be complete without a concert/music festival. Travelled to Queens solely for Joji to continue the ongoing three-year streak of watching him live. I think it was this show that I truly appreciated Atarashii Gakko's performance. I'm now a fan. This was also the festival that taught me to bring a jacket - I was this close 🤏🏻 to grabbing the stranger next to me for his warmth. FoodLeft planning of food to B & H - their speciality and damn are they good at it. Here are some of my favorites:
Views/Sights
|

























No comments:
Post a Comment