27 to 30 April 2018.
This post is written as a brief recollection of events - to note down for memories' sake. There was a time when this was my favourite travel memory, but now I'm just grateful. So really, thank you.
Saigon
Landed and customs were a nightmare. I queued for an hour without any sort of internet connection to inform T. When I finally cleared customs, T was still there waiting for me! What did I do to deserve such amazing friends?We then had the amazing Bun Bo Hue, then headed over to District 5 for desserts before heading to dinner at Quán 176. At dinner place, I had to use the washroom and I accidentally opened the door on someone inside (culture shock: always knock on washroom doors before entering - lesson learned, never again).
Went over to a rooftop bar only to realised how much time had flown by and we had to head over to the bus station to catch our bus.
Checked in The Kupid Homestay, a really really pretty place, had a shower then headed off to the tea plantations and flower gardens which were a good 45 mins away. The view was insane. The weather was perfect. (But I lost the card at the flower garden and felt so so bad about it).
After, we had Banh Can then took a break at a cafe near the city center. We went back for a bit, then headed out to the mountains and to a lake.
Some other great places:
Da Lat
Waking up to the sunrise in Da Lat was nothing short of amazing. In fact, it was almost fairytale-ish.Checked in The Kupid Homestay, a really really pretty place, had a shower then headed off to the tea plantations and flower gardens which were a good 45 mins away. The view was insane. The weather was perfect. (But I lost the card at the flower garden and felt so so bad about it).
After, we had Banh Can then took a break at a cafe near the city center. We went back for a bit, then headed out to the mountains and to a lake.
Some other great places:
- Fog Bar for some drinks
- Panorama Cafe for breath-taking night lights
- Da Lat Note Hostel where I met some lovely folks
Thankful.





No comments:
Post a Comment